Our primary goal for the 1.8 performance release is to find the top 10 existing features that implementations would like to run faster. These need to be explicit and discreet.
For example, these would be great targets:
- When I search for a patient, it often takes more than 30 seconds. I would like it to take less than 2-3 seconds.
- When I create a cohort with these specific settings, it takes hours to complete. I would like it to be faster.
These would not be useful:
- I want faster reporting.
- I would like new feature X
The steps involved would be something like this:
- Querying implementations and developers for opinions on the top 10 slowest features of OpenMRS.
- Sorting through responses to derive the top ten discrete features needing speed improvement.
- Developer(s) investigate the top ten targets to ensure that they are amenable to being improved (not too ambiguous or huge tasks).
- We create tickets and divvy up the work.