Implement, document, and start a new convention for us that:
- Use the Maven Surefire Plugin to run unit tests (we do this already) and the Maven Failsafe Plugin (need to add this) to run integration tests.
- We name all unit tests like **/*Test.java
- We name all integration tests like **/*IT.java **/*ITCase.java.
- Integration tests (ending in IT) are not run unless you specify the "integration" profile (typically people won't do this in development, but we'll do it in CI)
- we need to configure the pom.xmls to make this happen.
- Update our CI scripts to pass "-Pintegration" to the maven build
- Write a wiki page to document this
- Send a dev list email to announce the new convention. Point out our the first test that follows this new convention.