Mother and father are saved always as new persons. Parents should be created only once.
Copied from Yves GAKUBA's mail:
We indeed noticed that when children of same parents are created we each time create the parents:
i.e. if 4 children share same parents, we will have to create 4 times the same parents, which means we are wasting our memory space.
(You can take a look at these 2 patients as examples : http://22.214.171.124/openmrsrwanda_test/patientDashboard.form?patientId=404, http://126.96.36.199/openmrsrwanda_test/patientDashboard.form?patientId=407)
- the UI displays items containing Rwandan name,
deleted-French/Ango name and age-deletedin the mother/father AJAX autocomplete list
- database query for autocomplete has to be modified
- if the user selects one of the items, the Rwandan name,
deleted-French/Ango name and age-deletedis used for the database query deleted-otherwise two more input fields are displayed to enter French/Ango name and age-deleted
- database query has to be modified
- if the database query returns more than one person, another screen is displayed similar to " Is this the right person? " page
- all input fields for mother and father are not mandatory - that allows the user to skip this step